John Di Maggio
Sep. 4th, 1968
North Plainfield, New Jersey, USA
6' 3 1/2
John Di Maggio's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
2009 - The Haunted World of El Superbeasto
2008 - Bolt
2007 - 7-10 Split
2007 - TMNT
2007 - Happily N'Ever After
2007 - Underdog
2007 - Bee Movie
2006 - Asterix and the Vikings
2006 - Barnyard
2005 - Thru the Moebius Strip
2004 - Extreme Dating
2003 - The Animatrix
2003 - Program
2003 - Final Flight of the Osiris
2001 - Dr. Dolittle 2
2001 - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
1996 - Eddie
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John William DiMaggio is an American voice actor. A native of North Plainfield, New Jersey, he is known for his longtime role as Bender on 'Futurama'. He has also played such roles as Jake the Dog on 'Adventure Time', Dr. Drakken on 'Kim Possible', and Marcus Fenix in the Gears of War franchise. DiMaggio is a former comedian, appearing on stage as part of a comic duo named 'Red Johnny and the Round Guy' and has several on-screen credits, such as Steve Ballmer in Pirates of Silicon Valley. John is also know for his voices on 'Batman: The Brave and the Bold' as 'Aquaman', Shnize on 'Chowder', 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' as Hammerhead, 'Avatar: The Last Airbender', and much more.
- Provided the voices for two very memorable robot characters in two different Emmy-winning animated series'. "Bender" in _"Futurama" (1999)_ (qv) and "General Grievous" in _"Star Wars: Clone Wars" (2003)_ (qv).
- His inspiration for Bender was 'Slim Pickens (I)' (qv) from "Blazing Saddles" and his friend from college, who would do improvisations of an old man who liked sausage.
- Once performed stand-up comedy at the famed Apollo Theater in Harlem.
- Is a very talented beatboxer, as seen by some of his work on Futurama.
- Not related to 'Joe DiMaggio (I)' (qv).
- Is the only one of two actors to play the same fictional character (Bender Bending Rodriguez) on both _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv) and _"Futurama" (1999)_ (qv) the other is Nancy Cartwrtight who played Bart in both, although several people (including 'Conan O'Brien' (qv), 'Leonard Nimoy' (qv), 'Nichelle Nichols' (qv), 'Stephen Hawking' (qv) and 'Dick Clark (I)' (qv)) have played themselves on both series.
- Played 'Steve Ballmer' (qv) in _Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)_ (qv).
- Grew up in North Plainfield, NJ.
Related sites for this celeb