Dec. 31st, 1972
Needham, Massachusetts, USA
Joey McIntyre's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - On Broadway
Guest TV Roles
Joseph Mulrey McIntyre was born on New Year's Eve 1972 at Deaconess-Glover Hospital in Needham, Massachusetts. He is the youngest of nine children - seven girls and two boys. Joseph is a natural performer and has been working as an artist since the age of six. Joseph's huge shot at stardom came when he was chosen to be a member of the phenomenally successful band New Kids on the Block in 1985. After they broke up in June of 1994, Joseph decided to pursue acting and landed the role of Matt Hucklebee in The Fantasticks (1995) later that same year.
- Was the youngest and last person to join 'New Kids on the Block' (qv). After Jamie Kelley dropped out, manager 'Maurice Starr' (qv) wanted the young 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv) type to fill out the group. He found Joey.
- Joey & Barrett were married in an interfaith ceremony at New York City's Plaza Hotel, presided over by a rabbi and a Roman Catholic priest.
- Was born at Deaconess-Glover Hospital in Needham, Massachusetts.
- Was named after St. Joseph and a family friend whose surname is Mulrey.
- Graduated from Catholic Memorial High School in West Roxbury, Massachusetts in 1990.
- Son, Griffin Thomas McIntyre, born 20 November 2007 in Los Angeles, California, weighing 7 pounds, 12 ounces.
- Is fond of working in New York City.
- He met his real-estate agent wife whilst house-hunting in Los Angeles during his run on _"Boston Public" (2000)_ (qv). 809 is a number of special significance. It is the date he met his wife, which a year later became their wedding date, and is also inscribed in Joey's wedding band. It is also the address of the rental she found for him and the place he wrote his 4th solo album titled also with this number.