Jun. 17th, 1951
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
Joe Piscopo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1992 - Sidekicks
1986 - Wise Guys
1984 - Johnny Dangerously
1976 - King Kong
Guest TV Roles
Myron the Bulk (Voiced)
Joe Piscopo was cast on "Saturday Night Live" (1975) in 1980 as part of an overall replacement of the original cast. However, his team of players were not up to par in comedy and all were quickly replaced, except for he and Eddie Murphy (I). Together they dominated the show for the next three years. Since then he's appeared in movies & TV infrequently. In the '90s he was treated for thyroid cancer.
- Graduated from Jones College in Jacksonville, Florida.
- He has four children - 'Joey Piscopo' (qv), born in 1979; Alexandra, Michael, and Olivia.
- His wife Kimberly gave birth to their third child, daughter Olivia, on 29 November 2004.
- He worked with Eddie Murphy on Saturday Night Live, they became very good friends, Murphy even bought a home in his neighbourhood in 1982. They produced a short film for SNL about his street behaviour fitting in with the New Jersey suburbs.
- He's the guy in the trench coat in 'Billy Joel' (qv)'s Keepin' The Faith music video.
- He sat out of show business briefly while he underwent treatment for thyroid cancer.
- Is mentioned, along with 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv), and 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv) in the song Jammin' Me, by 'Tom Petty' (qv) and the Heartbreakers.
- Did some outrageous Miller Lite commercials in the 1980s.
Related sites for this celeb