Mar. 16th, 1954
Benton, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, UK
Jimmy Nail's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Still Crazy
1996 - Evita
1988 - Crusoe
1988 - Just Ask for Diamond
1985 - Morons From Outer Space
Guest TV Roles
James Bradford "Jimmy" Nail (born 16 March 1954) is an English singer-songwriter, actor, musician, film producer, film score composer and television writer.
He has starred in numerous roles on television since 1983. He is 6 foot 3 inches tall and a Newcastle United F.C. supporter. He is most famous for his role as Leonard "Oz" Osborne in the hit television show Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, his title role in Spender, and his 1992 number one single "Ain't No Doubt".
- Has a Boxers nose. He has had his nose broken five times in fights when he was younger.
- He used to sing and play guitar in a band called The Crabs. He would sometimes perform on stage in a frock and wearing Hobnail Boats. They used to gig all over the northwest of England.
- Is real life brother of 'Val McLane' (qv), who starred as "Norma" in _"Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" (1983)_ (qv).
- Has enjoyed a sporadic pop career. His cover of Rose Royce's 'Love Don't Live Here Anymore' was a big UK hit in 1985. It was 7 years before he returned to the charts with 'Ain't No Doubt', which became his biggest hit, reaching number 1 in the UK charts in the summer of 1992. Further 90s hits included 'Crocodile Shoes' (the title track of the miniseries in which Nail starred), 'Cowboy Dreams', 'Big River', 'Love', and 'Country Boy'.
- Sons: 'Thomas Bradford-Jones' (qv) and Frederick Jones.
Related sites for this celeb