Jul. 15th, 1975
Newcastle, England, UK
Jill Halfpenny's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Jill Halfpenny was born on 15th July, 1975, in Newcastle, to Maureen and Colin Halfpenny. However, her father passed away when she was very young, and her mother married Jill's uncle, Derek.
She attended Heworth Grange Comprehensive School, and trained at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art. Although her native accent is Geordie, she can also do many more, from New York to Northern Irish.
Her hobbies include roller-skating, ice-skating, fencing, dancing and she enjoys traveling. She is also friends with her old co-star, Kacey Ainsworth.
Her first major acting role was at the age of 14, where she starred in Byker Grove as Nicola. She is probably best known for her TV role as Rebecca Hopkins in Coronation Street, Kate Mitchell in Eastenders, and, more recently, Izzie Redpath in Waterloo Road. She has also had many minor roles in other well-known TV shows, such as The Catherine Tate Show, The Bill, and Shameless.
In 2004, she participated in the BBC1 show 'Strictly Come Dancing' with professional dancer Darren Bennett. They won the competition, and took part in the one off Christmas Special, winning the title 'Champion Of Champions'. They also made an appearance at the Royal Variety Performance. In December, it was then announced she would play the role of Roxie Hart in Chicago from January 2005.
Other theatre work includes The Bodies, in 2005, where she acted alongside her husband, and pantomimes at the Theatre Royal in 2005 and 2006. She also starred as Julia in a performance of George Orwell's 1984 in 2002, which is where her and Craig first met. She also starred as Norma Farnes in Surviving Spike, alongside Michael Barrymore, in early 2008, when she was 5-6 months pregnant.
- Friends with 'Kacey Ainsworth' (qv).
- Appeared in the stage production of "The Bodies", during which she met her future husband 'Craig Conway (I)' (qv), at The Live Theatre, Newcastle (2005).
- Gave birth to son Harvey-Reece Halfpenny (3 May 2008).
- Trained at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Aunt of Chelsea Halfpenny.
- Her parents are called Derek and Maureen Halfpenny.
- Although her native accent is Geordie, she can also do Northern Irish and New York accents.
- Her hobbies include roller-skating, ice-skating, fencing, dancing and enjoys traveling.
Related sites for this celeb