Nov. 29th, 1949
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Jerry Lawler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - WWE: Allied Powers - The World's Greatest Tag Teams
2002 - WWE - TLC: Tables Ladders Chairs
1999 - Beyond the Mat
1999 - Man on the Moon
1993 - Life With Mikey
Guest TV Roles
Himself - WWF Announcer (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Had a legendary feud with comedian Andy Kaufman in 1984,
- Cousin of fellow wrestler Roy Wayne Farris aka "The Honky Tonk Man".
- Between scenes in _Man on the Moon (1999)_ (qv) actor 'Jim Carrey' (qv) remained in character as 'Andy Kaufman (I)' (qv) and spit on pro-wrestler Jerry Lawler, just as Kaufman did in 1982. A stunned Lawler reacted by grabbing Carrey by the hair and jerking his neck and sending him to the hospital. (This was later revealed to be a publicity stunt to promote the movie). In 1982, Lawler also sent Kaufman to the hospital for spitting on him. Lawler has since revealed that not only was his feud with Kaufman staged, but the two were actually good friends.
- Former AWA Tag Team Champion.
- Notable Title Wins Include: Southern Tag Team title w/Jim White (4); United States Junior Tag Team title; NWA Southern Tag Team title; NWA Southern Heavyweight title (42!); United States Tag Team title; CWA World title; USWA Heavyweight title (27!); AWA International titles; NWA Mid-America title; Polynesian Pacific title; AWA World Tag Team title; AWA World title; World Class Heavyweight title; Unified title; USWA Tag Team titles; USWA Texas title; Smoky Mountain Wrestling title; Power Pro Wrestling Tag Team title w/Bill Dundee; Maryland Championship Wrestling title
- Professional wrestler in several organizations, including the WWF
- In 1999, he broke character and rushed to aid Owen Hart, after Hart fell from the rafters to his death. Later on that year, Lawler broke character again and rushed to the aid of fellow wrestler, Droz, when an accidental move caused Droz to be permanently paralyzed from the neck down.
- Campaigned to become mayor of his hometown, Memphis, Tennessee, USA, in 1999 but was defeated by incumbent Mayor W.W. Herenton.