Apr. 11th, 1960
Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England, UK
Jeremy Clarkson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Love the Beast
2006 - Cars
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Presenter
Himself - Presenter
Man on TV
Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson (born 11 April 1960) is an English broadcaster and journalist who specialises in motoring. He is best known for his role on the BBC TV show Top Gear along with co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May. He also writes weekly columns for The Sunday Times and The Sun.
From a career as a local journalist in the North of England, Clarkson rose to public prominence as a presenter of the original format of Top Gear in 1988. Since the mid-1990s Clarkson has become a recognised public personality, regularly appearing on British television presenting his own shows and appearing as a guest on other shows. As well as motoring, Clarkson has produced programmes and books on subjects such as history and engineering. From 1998 to 2000 he also hosted his own chat show, Clarkson.
His opinionated but humorous tongue-in-cheek writing and presenting style has often generated much public reaction to his viewpoints. His actions both privately and as a Top Gear presenter have also sometimes resulted in criticism from the media, politicians, pressure groups and the public.
As well as the criticism levelled against him, Clarkson also generated a significant following in the public at large, being credited as a factor in the resurgence of Top Gear to the most popular show on BBC Two.
- Three children- Emily, Finlo and Katya
- Sold his Mercedes SL55 AMG and has subsequently purchased an SLK55 AMG.
- He is a fan of the rock band Curved Air.
- Owns the lighthouse cottages at the South end of Langness Peninsula in Derbyhaven, Isle Of Man.
- Sold his Ferrari 355 Spyder to purchase a Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG (which he loves). Also, purchased one of only twenty eight 2005 Ford GTs imported to England (with which he has had an innumerable amount of problems, but still loves).
- Has placed an order for a Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster.
- Motoring enthusiast and television presenter.
- Was hit in the face with a pie by a protester whilst collecting his honorary degree for services to engineering from Oxford Brookes University
Related sites for this celeb