61 (passed away Sep. 12th, 1995)
Nov. 3rd, 1933
Berkswell Grange, Warwickshire, England, UK
Jeremy Brett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1996 - Moll Flanders
1978 - The Medusa Touch
1971 - Nicholas and Alexandra
1964 - My Fair Lady
1956 - War and Peace
1954 - Svengali
Guest TV Roles
Count Karel Kinsky
[no bio found]
- In the scene in _War and Peace (1956)_ (qv) where the Rostov's invite Prince Andrei to go hunting with them, Brett is the only actor never on a mechanical horse. In all his shots he is clearly on a live horse. 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv), 'Henry Fonda' (qv), 'Mel Ferrer (I)' (qv), 'Barry Jones (I)' (qv) and 'May Britt' (qv) are all clearly on mechanical horses in their close shots.
- He was briefly considered for the role of James Bond in _On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)_ (qv), and later auditioned for _Live and Let Die (1973)_ (qv).
- Son of Henry William Huggins (military Colonel. DSO, MC, DL) and Elizabeth Edith Cadbury (Butler) Huggins.
- His parents married in 1923.
- During a long period of unemployment in 1970 he took an uncredited non-speaking role as a Russian soldier in _Nicholas and Alexandra (1971)_ (qv).
- Brett was left-handed. The character of Sherlock Holmes was right handed. A hand double was used whenever Holmes had to write something close up.
- He was seen as both Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. He played Sherlock Holmes in the popular television series, and he played Dr. Watson in the 1980 Los Angeles production of "The Crucifer of Blood," a stage play based on "The Sign of Four."
- His father died in 1965.
Related sites for this celeb