Apr. 17th, 1972
Houston, Texas, USA
Jennifer Garner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Valentine's Day
2009 - The Invention of Lying
2009 - Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
2007 - Juno
2007 - The Kingdom
2005 - Elektra
2004 - 13 Going On 30
2003 - Daredevil
2002 - Catch Me If You Can
2001 - Pearl Harbor
2000 - Dude, Where’s My Car?
1997 - Mr. Magoo
1997 - Deconstructing Harry
1997 - Washington Square
Guest TV Roles
Billie H. Vaughn
Herself - Host
Jennifer Garner, who has catapulted into stardom with her lead role on the series "Alias" (2001), has come a long way from her birthplace of Houston, Texas. Raised in Charleston, West Virginia by her mother Pat, a retired English teacher, and her father, Bill, a former chemical engineer, Jennifer was the middle sibling of three girls. She spent nine years of her adolescence studying ballet and describes her years in dance as ones characterized by determination rather than talent, being driven mostly by a love of the stage.
Jennifer took this determination with her when she enrolled at Denison University as a chemistry major, a decision that was later changed to a drama major when she found that her passions for the stage were stronger than her love of science. New York attracted the young actress after college where she worked as a hostess while pursuing a career in film and television. Her most recent move has been to Los Angeles, a decision that led to a role on the show "Felicity" (1998), where she met her future husband Scott Foley (I). The couple divorced in 2004.
She appears on television as Agent Sydney Bristow, who works for the CIA. For her work, Garner has received four consecutive Emmy nominations for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. She has also received four Golden Globe nominations and won once, as well as received two Screen Actors Guild Award nominations, and won once.
She has appeared in numerous other television production as well as such films as Elektra (2005), 13 Going on 30 (2004), Daredevil (2003), Pearl Harbor (2001) and Dude, Where's My Car? (2000). Aside from filming "Alias" (2001), Jennifer enjoys cooking, gardening, hiking, and inspired by her character on the show, kickboxing.
- Dated _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv) co-star 'Michael Vartan' (qv).
- At the end of January 2009, Jennifer and her older sister, Melissa, both had their ears pierced during a visit to a medical center in Santa Monica, California.
- Played saxophone in high school.
- Named the #1 sexiest woman of 2001 by MAXIM men's magazine.
- _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv) castmate 'Victor Garber' (qv) took an Internet guide to officiating at weddings to marry Jennifer and 'Ben Affleck' (qv). Besides Garner and Affleck, Garber was the only other person at the wedding.
- Her husband 'Ben Affleck' (qv) was her co-star in _Daredevil (2003)_ (qv). The two met on the set of the movie _Pearl Harbor (2001)_ (qv) but wouldn't become a couple until Affleck's very public relationship with singer/actress 'Jennifer Lopez (I)' (qv) ended.
- In _13 Going on 30 (2004)_ (qv) her character is editor of a magazine that features 'Jennifer Lopez (I)' (qv) on the cover. Lopez was engaged to Garner's husband 'Ben Affleck' (qv).
- For the 2008 Presidential election, Jennifer registered to vote as 'Jennifer Affleck', not as 'Jennifer Garner'.