Feb. 11th, 1969
Sherman Oaks, California, USA
Jennifer Aniston's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Bounty Hunter
2009 - Love Happens
2009 - He's Just Not That Into You
2006 - Friends With Money
2006 - The Break-Up
2005 - Derailed
2005 - Rumor has it...
2004 - Along Came Polly
2003 - Bruce Almighty
2002 - The Good Girl
2001 - Rock Star
1999 - Office Space
1999 - The Iron Giant
1998 - The Object of My Affection
1997 - Picture Perfect
1996 - She's the One
1993 - Leprechaun
Guest TV Roles
Madeline Drego Cooper
Herself - Guest
Mrs. Stevens (Choir Teacher) (Voiced)
Born in Sherman Oaks, California, Jennifer Aniston spent a year of her childhood living in Greece with her family. Her family then relocated to New York City where her parents, John Aniston and Nancy Dow, divorced when she was 9. Jennifer was raised by her mother and her father landed a role, as "Victor Kiriakis", on the daytime soap "Days of Our Lives" (1965). Jennifer had her first taste of acting at age 11 when she joined the Rudolf Steiner School's drama club. It was also at the Rudolf Steiner School that she developed her passion for art. She began her professional training as a drama student at New York's High School of the Performing Arts. In 1987, after graduation, she appeared in such Off-Broadway productions as "For Dear Life" and "Dancing on Checker's Grave". In 1989, she landed her first television role, as a series regular on "Molloy" (1990). She also appeared in "The Edge" (1992), "Ferris Bueller" (1990), and had a recurring part on "Herman's Head" (1991). By 1993, she was floundering. Then, in 1994, a pilot called "Friends Like These" came along. Originally asked to audition for the role of "Monica", Aniston refused and auditioned for the role of "Rachel Green", the suburban princess turned coffee peddler. With the success of the series "Friends" (1994), Jennifer has become famous and sought-after as she turns her fame into movie roles during the series hiatus.
- Her French dubbing voice 'Dorothée Jemma' (qv) is also the French dubbing voice of 'Melanie Griffith' (qv) and 'Sheryl Lee' (qv).
- In 2003 she was ranked #1 on Forbes' 2003 "Celebrity 100 List" According to the magazine, she made $35 million in 2003.
- At one point in 2003, was filming _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), _Bruce Almighty (2003)_ (qv), and _Along Came Polly (2004)_ (qv) simultaneously.
- Her birth name is Jennifer Aniston, not Jennifer Anastasakis. Her father 'John Aniston' (qv) had changed the spelling of his last name to Aniston from Anastasakis before his marriage to 'Nancy Dow' (qv), and the last name that appears on Jennifer's birth certificate is Aniston.
- Raised in Greece and New York City.
- Officially changed her name to Jennifer Pitt on 10;25/00. She will still be using her maiden name (Aniston) professionally.
- While hosting _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) in 1999, she did a skit satirizing boyfriend 'Brad Pitt' (qv)'s stalker, aspiring actress Athena Marie Rolando. Pitt was promoting _Fight Club (1999)_ (qv) at the time.
- Was #1 on American publication People's annual Best Dressed List in 2006.