Jul. 12th, 1948
Kermit, Texas, USA
Jay Thomas' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Labor Pains
2006 - The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
2004 - Teacher's Pet
2002 - Dragonfly
1999 - The Big Tease
1992 - Straight Talk
1986 - Legal Eagles
1984 - C.H.U.D.
Guest TV Roles
Thomas started his career as a DJ before landing a role as deli owner Remo on "Mork & Mindy" (1978). Calling himself a naturally sarcastic guy, Thomas has excelled in playing politically incorrect characters like right-wing talk show host Jerry Gold on "Murphy Brown" and columnist Jake Stein on "Love and War".
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Radio at 6161 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Was the Morning man at New York City radio station WXRK just prior to Howard Stern.
- Every holiday season since 1998, he is asked by David Letterman to knock off the meatball atop the "Late Show" Christmas tree. The tradition began when quarterback Vinny Testaverde had trouble doing it, and Thomas said he could do it instead.
- He briefly played professional football in the old World Football League.
- Starred with 'Richard Dreyfuss' (qv) in _Mr. Holland's Opus (1995)_ (qv). He later appeared in two episodes of Dreyfuss' TV series _"The Education of Max Bickford" (2001)_ (qv).
- He currently resides in California with his wife Sally, and his two sons Sam 15, and Jake 13.
Related sites for this celeb