Mar. 10th, 1962
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Jasmine Guy's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The People Speak
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
1998 - Madeline
1997 - Cats Don't Dance
1989 - Harlem Nights
1988 - School Daze
Guest TV Roles
Frog Princess Lylah
Captain Teri Washington
Judge Nona Daniels
Remembered mostly as Whitley Gilbert Wayne on the series "A Different World" (1987), Jasmine Guy has a variety of talents. Jasmine was born March 10, 1964, in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1990, Jasmine released a self-titled album with backing vocals on a few songs from her "A Different World" (1987) co-star, 'Cree Summer'. She married Terrence Duckette on August 22, 1998. On March 28, 1999, Jasmine gave birth to a baby girl, Imani. To this day she continues a career in film, theater, and music.
- Named daughter Imani after the name was used on _"A Different World" (1987)_ (qv) as the daughter of the Taylors (played by 'Dawnn Lewis' (qv) and 'Glynn Turman' (qv)).
- Enjoyed chart and radio play in the 1990s for her R&B single "Try Me."
- Her sister, 'Monica Guy' (qv), was often her stand-in on the set of _"A Different World" (1987)_ (qv).
- Teaches dance to underprivileged children.
- Was good friends with slain hip-hop MC 'Tupac Shakur' (qv) and remains close friends with his mother, 'Afeni Shakur' (qv).
- Became a member of the 'Alvin Ailey' (qv) American Dance Theater in 1981, at the age of seventeen.
- Wrote a book called "Evolution of a Revolutionary," which is the biography of 'Afeni Shakur' (qv), mother of late actor/hip-hop MC 'Tupac Shakur' (qv).
- Daughter, Imani, born 28 March 1999.
Related sites for this celeb