Dec. 13th, 1967
Terrell, Texas, USA
Jamie Foxx's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Valentine's Day
2010 - Due Date
2009 - The Soloist
2009 - Law Abiding Citizen
2007 - The Kingdom
2006 - Dreamgirls
2006 - Miami Vice
2005 - Stealth
2005 - Jarhead
2004 - Breakin' All the Rules
2004 - Collateral
2001 - Ali
2000 - Bait
1999 - Held Up
1999 - Any Given Sunday
1998 - The Players Club
1997 - Booty Call
1996 - The Great White Hype
1996 - The Truth About Cats & Dogs
1992 - Toys
Guest TV Roles
Jamie's mother, Louise, was an adopted child. When her marriage to his father failed, his grandparents, Mark and Estelle Talley, stepped in and, at age 7 months, adopted him too. He says he had a very rigid upbringing that placed him in the Boy Scouts and the church choir. During high school, he played quarterback for his high school team and was good enough that he got press in Dallas newspapers. He studied music in college. He released a music album in 1994, "Peep This" and sings the theme song for his 1999 movie, Any Given Sunday (1999). However, in 1989, his life changed when a girl friend challenged him to get up onstage at the Comedy Club. In fact, he says he took his androgynous stage name because he learned that women got preference for mike time on open stage nights. That led to his being cast in "Roc" (1991) and "In Living Color" (1990) and ultimately to his own WB network TV series. He has a daughter, Corrine, born in 1995, who lives with her mother.
- He said that 'Richard Pryor' (qv) is his idol in comedy, 'Denzel Washington' (qv) is his idol in acting, and that 'Steve Hardin (II)' (qv) is his idol in music.
- Auditioned for the 'Cuba Gooding Jr.' (qv) role in _Jerry Maguire (1996)_ (qv).
- His Oscar win for _Ray (2004/I)_ (qv) along with 'Morgan Freeman (I)' (qv)'s win for _Million Dollar Baby (2004)_ (qv), was the second time two African-Americans won Oscars in the same year. The first was in 2002 when 'Denzel Washington' (qv) won Best Actor for _Training Day (2001)_ (qv) and 'Halle Berry' (qv) won Best Actress for _Monster's Ball (2001)_ (qv).
- At the 2005 Grammy Awards, he performed "Georgia on my Mind" with 'Alicia Keys' (qv) as a tribute to 'Ray Charles (I)' (qv), whom he portrayed in _Ray (2004/I)_ (qv) the previous year and became good friends with him before he passed away.
- Was named one of the "50 Most Beautiful People" by People Magazine in 2005
- First African-American to be nominated for two Oscars in the same year.
- His "SSG Sykes" character in _Jarhead (2005)_ (qv) ironically took place the same time (during the Gulf War of 1990) as his _"In Living Color" (1990)_ (qv) stint.
- His 10-year-old daughter accompanied him to the Oscars in 2005.