May. 28th, 1995
Jacob Kogan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Star Trek
2007 - Joshua
Guest TV Roles
Wonder Showzen Kid
Jacob Kogan (born May 28, 1995) is an American actor. He is best known for playing the title role in the 2007 psychological thriller Joshua and Spock as a child in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek.
Life and career Kogan was born in New York City, where he lives and attends a private school for the arts. He is the son of author and photographer Deborah Copaken Kogan and Russian-born one-time child actor Paul Mikhailovich Kogan. He also has two younger siblings, Sasha and Leo. Before starring in Joshua, Kogan was a regular on the adult-oriented MTV2 sketch comedy television series, Wonder Showzen.
He wrapped production on a film called Lifelines, from writer/director Rob Margolies. The film had a general release on April 3, 2009 at the Quad Theater in Manhattan after having been shown at film festivals in 2008. Kogan also stars in the television series Delocated.
Kogan is formerly active in an alternative band called Flake. They recorded their 12 track debut untitled record in 200
- Jacob attends a private school and is active in many arts, music being one of them.
- Auditioned for a project by 'Lasse Hallström' (qv) at age 4. Unfortunately the film lost its financing.
- Mother wrote an article for the New Yorker (March 2007) in which she described her conflicting feelings about being the parent of a child actor.
- His newborn sibling in the film _Joshua (2007)_ (qv) was played by his real-life newborn sibling. The director couldn't find any other young babies and Jacob's sibling had just been born so his mother was persuaded to bring her newborn onto the set.
- Son of 'Deborah Copaken Kogan' (qv) and 'Pavel Kogan' (qv).
- Nephew of 'Yegor Kogan' (qv).
- Older brother of Sasha Kogan (born March 1997) and Leo Kogan (born May 2006.).
- Son of an author/journalist and an executive at OMGPOP.com.
Related sites for this celeb