Aug. 3rd, 1948
Birmingham, England, UK
Jacki Piper's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1972 - Carry On Matron
1971 - Carry On At Your Convenience
1970 - Carry On Loving
1970 - Carry On Up The Jungle
1970 - The Man Who Haunted Himself
Guest TV Roles
Glamorous, beautiful and petite Jacki Piper was born in Birmingham in 1948 and mainly worked in rep in her earlier part of her career.
In her salad days, she was billed as Jackie Crump, however this name was not considered sophisticated enough for the north of England theaters. Legend has it that Jacki's new stage name was decided upon in the back of a trailer in a traffic jam on the way to a theatre in York.
In 1969, she was called upon by Peter Rogers (I), the producer of the "Carry On" films. Jacki was cast as June in Carry on Up the Jungle (1970). She became an instant success in the "Carry On" films and her status in the films is certainly secure forever. Jacki was asked back on three other separate occasions and was cast in roles to replace popular actress Angela Douglas who had left the team. Jacki was also put under an exclusive contract during the early 1970s and is a self-confessed fan on "Carry On". She later left show-business to start a family, and actually became pregnant following her last "Carry On".
In recent years, her popularity has been maintained due to the "Carry On" films and she says she receives more fan mail than ever before. It is certainly a waste that we do not see Jacki on our television screens more often.
- Replaced 'Angela Douglas' (qv) in the "Carry On..." films.
- Started her rep career on the stage in Rhyl, Wales.
- Her first "Carry On..." film was _Carry on Up the Jungle (1970)_ (qv) and her last _Carry on Matron (1972)_ (qv). She appeared in four "Carry On..." films and is considered one of the minor regular "Carry On..." performers.
- Put under contact to 'Peter Rogers (I)' (qv) Productions for three years, after making _Carry on Up the Jungle (1970)_ (qv).
- She became pregnant with her first son, Tim, during the filming of _Carry on Matron (1972)_ (qv), in Autumn 1971. She jokingly blames the film for this.
Related sites for this celeb