Oct. 8th, 1964
Liverpool, Merseyside, England, UK
Ian Hart's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - A Cock and Bull Story
2005 - Breakfast on Pluto
2004 - Strings
2004 - Finding Neverland
2002 - Killing Me Softly
2001 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2000 - Aberdeen
1999 - The End of the Affair
1999 - Wonderland
1998 - Enemy of the State
1998 - Snitch
1998 - B. Monkey
1997 - Robinson Crusoe
1996 - Michael Collins
1995 - The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain
1995 - Land and Freedom
1994 - Backbeat
1991 - The Hours and Times
Guest TV Roles
Ian Hart, born in England, began acting while a student in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom. He stumbled into acting almost accidentally, but was cast in the play "The Government Inspector". He continued to work in British theater and television, and first gained recognition for portraying John Lennon (I) in the British film _Backbeat (1995)_.
He made many films in his native Britain, occasionally appearing in American films as well. He is currently involved in the Harry Potter franchise.
- Has two daughters: Daisy, born in 1996 and Holly, born in 2001.
- Twice portrayed John Lennon on film, in _The Hours and Times (1991)_ (qv) and _Backbeat (1994)_ (qv).
- Has played both 'Arthur Conan Doyle' (qv) (in _Finding Neverland (2004)_ (qv)) and one of his most famous characters from the Sherlock Holmes canon, Dr. Watson (_The Hound of the Baskervilles (2002) (TV)_ (qv) and _Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silk Stocking (2004) (TV)_ (qv)).
- His birth name was Ian Davies but he adopted the surname "Hart" from his Everyman Theatre School friend Barbara Hart.
- Has twice played a lackey of 'Ralph Fiennes' (qv). In _The End of the Affair (1999)_ (qv), he plays a private detective hired by Fiennes's character to spy on 'Julianne Moore (I)' (qv). In _Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)_ (qv), he allows his body to be used as a host for the spirit of Lord Voldemort - who is played in the flesh by Fiennes, beginning with _Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)_ (qv).
- Wife is a teacher, they have one daughter.
- Not only did he play Professor Quirrell, but he also provided the facial structure for the CG head of Lord Voldemort at the end of _Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)_ (qv). The role was later re-cast with Ralph Fiennes, beginning with _Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)_ (qv).
- (2004) Resides in Crouch End, London, England.