Apr. 19th, 1981
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
6' 1 1/2"
Hayden Christensen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Takers
2009 - New York, I Love You
2008 - Jumper
2007 - Awake
2007 - Virgin Territory
2006 - Factory Girl
2005 - Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
2003 - Shattered Glass
2002 - Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
2001 - Life as a House
1999 - The Virgin Suicides
1998 - Strike!
1994 - In the Mouth of Madness
Guest TV Roles
Hayden Christensen was born in Vancouver, British Columbia on April 19th, 1981. The young Canadian actor started his career at the age of 13 starring in several TV dramas. His biggest break was a starring role on the Fox Family network's "Higher Ground" (2000). On the series Hayden shows off his acting talent as a teen who was sexually molested by his step-mom, and turns to drugs in despair. Later he appeared in the television movie Trapped in a Purple Haze (2000) (TV), where he co-starred with his friend Jonathan Jackson (I). On May 12, 2000 Hayden announced that he would be starring as Anakin Skywalker in the next two prequels Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005). The star was chosen by director George Lucas (I) because he felt that Hayden had raw talent and good chemistry with actress Natalie Portman. Lucas stunned the movie world by picking the then-unknown actor after he had turned down such big names as Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonathan Jackson (I), as well as 400 other candidates.
- Has a younger sister, named Kaylen (b. 1984), and an older sister, Hejsa.
- He fractured his hand during the filming of a rather violent scene in _Life as a House (2001)_ (qv) in which his character hits a wall.
- Favourite actor and mentor is Kevin Kline.
- Was a "ball boy" at the Canadian Open tennis matches. Jumped out too soon during a match in which 'John McEnroe' (qv) was playing, causing an interruption in play.
- Younger brother of 'Tove Christensen (I)' (qv).
- Is the third actor to play "Anakin Skywalker", and is the only who has played the non-Vader Anakin more than once. 'Sebastian Shaw (I)' (qv) played the role only in _Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)_ (qv), and had died by the time the prequels were made. 'Jake Lloyd (I)' (qv) played Anakin in _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv). Hayden played the young adult Anakin in both _Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)_ (qv) and _Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)_ (qv).
- His favorite scenes to film in _Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)_ (qv) were the scenes in which he acted with 'Ian McDiarmid' (qv).
- Competed with his sister 'Hejsa Christensen' (qv) (the captain), brother 'Tove Christensen (I)' (qv) and a family friend in _"Eco-Challenge Fiji Islands" (2003)_ (qv). The Eco-Challenge consists of a 500-kilometer (300 miles) race that included the tasks of hiking, swimming, kayaking and mountain biking their way through the Fiji archipelago. Only 23 out of 81 teams finished this race. Christensen was one of the youngest competitors in the race.