Nov. 5th, 1937
Los Angeles, California, USA
Harris Yulin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The People Speak
2002 - The Emperor's Club
2001 - American Outlaws
2001 - Rush Hour 2
2001 - Training Day
2000 - The Million Dollar Hotel
1999 - The Hurricane
1997 - Bean
1997 - Murder at 1600
1996 - Looking For Richard
1996 - Multiplicity
1995 - Stuart Saves His Family
1995 - Cutthroat Island
1994 - Clear and Present Danger
1992 - Final Analysis
1990 - Narrow Margin
1989 - Ghostbusters II
1988 - Another Woman
1987 - The Believers
1987 - Fatal Beauty
1983 - Scarface
1976 - St. Ives
1975 - Night Moves
Guest TV Roles
Admiral Bruce Winnick
Harris Yulin (born November 5, 1937) is an American actor who has appeared in over 100 films and television series.
Life and career Yulin was born in Los Angeles, California. He was married to Gwen Welles until her death in 1993.
Yulin's first prominent film role was in the Brian De Palma film Scarface (1983) as Mel Bernstein.
In 1989, he played the role of loud and obnoxious Judge Stephen Wexler in Ghostbusters II
He appeared in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, in the episode "Duet". During the second season of 24 he played the Director of the National Security Agency Roger Stanton. He was nominated for a 1996 Emmy for his portrayal of crime boss Jerome Belasco in the television series Frasier. In the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer he played Quentin Travers, head of the Watchers' Council. Yulin also appeared in Season 3 of Entourage in the episode "Return of the King" as studio head Arthur Gadoff.
In 2009, Yulin performed in The People Speak, a documentary feature film that uses dramatic and musical performances of the letters, diaries, and speeches of everyday Americans, based on historian Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States.
- In 1980, he collapsed on stage from exhaustion while performing at the end of the first act in a Broadway play in front of a live audience; he had been struggling to keep said play from closing.
- The first episode of _"24" (2001)_ (qv) in which he appeared was aired on the same night his character on _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) was killed.
- Co-starred with actress 'Faye Dunaway' (qv) in the movie _'Doc' (1971)_ (qv). They were romantically involved from 1970-1972.
- His father was a dentist in Los Angeles with many film business clients who introduced him to a drama coach.
- First began acting and directing when he was living in Tel Aviv during the 1960s.
- After college, Harris spent time in Italy trying to be a painter like his friends. "I was very bad," he says.
- Cousin of actress 'Linda Stirling' (qv) and 'Sloan Nibley' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb