Nov. 21st, 1944
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Harold Ramis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Ghostbusters III
2009 - Year One
2007 - Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
2007 - Knocked Up
2006 - The Last Kiss
2002 - Orange County
2000 - High Fidelity
1997 - As Good As It Gets
1994 - Airheads
1994 - Love Affair
1993 - Groundhog Day
1989 - Ghostbusters II
1988 - Stealing Home
1987 - Baby Boom
1984 - Ghostbusters
1983 - National Lampoon's Vacation
1981 - Heavy Metal
1981 - Stripes
[no bio found]
- Graduated from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Teamed with 'John Belushi' (qv), 'Gilda Radner' (qv) and 'Bill Murray (I)' (qv) on "The National Lampoon Show" but, unlike the others, was not asked by 'Lorne Michaels' (qv) to join _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv). Harold went to _"Second City TV" (1976)_ (qv) instead.
- Said in an interview that his working relationship with actor 'Bill Murray (I)' (qv) ended while filming _Groundhog Day (1993)_ (qv) due to differing views on what the film should be about (Murray wanted it to be more philosophical, Ramis wanted it to be a comedy). Ramis also cites that Murray's real life personal problems at the time (specifically the ending of his first marriage) was having a ripple effect on his behavior at work as another factor in the unfortunate ending of their working relationship.
- Best remembered to fans of all ages as Egon in _Ghost Busters (1984)_ (qv) and _Ghostbusters II (1989)_ (qv).
- Sketch comedian best known for his character Moe Green on SCTV.
- Member, Board of Trustees of Washington University.
- Once a mental ward orderly before finding work as a joke writer for Playboy magazine.
- When he was doing his audition for Second City, it was him performing a sketch to a full house.