77 (passed away Jan. 28th, 1994)
Aug. 24th, 1916
Petoskey, Michigan, USA
Hal Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1991 - Beauty and the Beast
1988 - 18 Again!
1986 - An American Tail
1983 - Mickey's Christmas Carol
1978 - The Small One
1977 - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
1972 - The Getaway
1971 - Shinbone Alley
1971 - The Million Dollar Duck
1970 - Santa and the Three Bears
1967 - The Jungle Book
1966 - Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
1965 - The Great Race
1964 - Hey There, It's Yogi Bear
1962 - The Three Stooges Meet Hercules
1960 - The Apartment
1957 - The Unholy Wife
1956 - There's Always Tomorrow
Guest TV Roles
Additional Voices (Voiced)
George - Desk Clerk
[no bio found]
- Reprised his role of Otis Campbell, Mayberry's town drunk on the _"The Andy Griffith Show" (1960)_ (qv) in country singer 'Alan Jackson (I)' (qv)'s 1991 video, "Don't Rock the Jukebox."
- Only child Terry Jay Smith died on October 11, 1998.
- Hal Smith's character, "Mr. Whittaker", from the radio program "Adventures In Odyssey" was recently brought back with Paul Herlinger handling his voice.
- Is interred in the mausoleum at Woodlawn Cemetary, in Santa Monica, California, USA.
- Provided the voice of the much beloved "Mr. Whittaker" in the very popular radio kids program Adventure in Odyssey.
- He alternated with actor/game show host Jack Bailey as the voice of Walt Disney's Goofy after the orginal voice artist, Pinto Colvig, died in 1967.
- One of the most prolific cartoon voicepersons in entertainment history, most of his work having been done for Hanna-Barbera. Related to this, Smith played the character "Cartoon King" on a 1970 episode of "The Brady Bunch."
Related sites for this celeb