May. 31st, 1950
Avalon, Catalina Island, California, USA
Gregory Harrison's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Give 'em Hell, Malone
2000 - Canone inverso - making love
1998 - Air Bud: Golden Receiver
1996 - It's My Party
1987 - North Shore
1984 - Razorback
1973 - The Harrad Experiment
Guest TV Roles
Old John Loengard (Voiced)
Born: May 31, 1950
During his days of prominence in the '80s,American actor Gregory Harrison became the unofficial poster boy of the Catalina Island chamber of commerce. As a native of that offshore isle, Harrison frequently guested on talk and variety shows, elucidating the natural wonders of both Catalina and the Avalon resort. A graduate of New York's Actors Studio, Harrison briefly supported himself as a nightclub doorman before securing small film and TV roles. Harrison's most memorable credits were for the small screen: He played Logan 5 on Logan's_Run (1977), Michael Sharpe on the final 1989-90 season of Falcon Crest, and the title role in the brief 1990 sitcom The_Family_Man. Harrison's longest TV-series run was seven seasons (1979-86) as "Gonzo" Gates, the Vietnam-vet doctor on Trapper John MD (1979-86). Hal Erickson, Rovi
- In 1980, he formed with 'Franklin R. Levy' (qv) the "Catalina Production Group Ltd." producing numerous stage projects, more than two dozen televsion movies. Catalina was an important force in the Los Angeles theater scene, from 1981 to 1992, plays presented by Catalina were honored with over 150 theater awards, E.g. in 1982 for "The Hasty Heart".
- Has 3 daughters and an adopted son (Emma, Lily, Kate, 'Quinn Edgar Harrison' (qv)).
- Gregory served two years as a medic in the Army.
- Gregory was discovered on the musical theater stage and returns there now and again.
- Wife 'Randi Oakes' (qv) is also an actress who played the character "Officer Bonnie Clark" on the TV series _"CHiPs" (1977)_ (qv).
- While working as a doorman at a nightclub, he met 'Jason Robards' (qv) who offered him encouragement to become an actor. He quit his job and moved to L.A. immediately afterward.
- His over 25-year marriage to former model/actress 'Randi Oakes' (qv) managed to survive Greg's early personal battles with alcohol and cocaine.
- Spent his youth swimming, fishing, and diving for coins tossed by the tourists who lined the railings of the two-thousand passenger S.S. Catalina as it sailed into the bay during the summer.
Related sites for this celeb