32 (passed away Dec. 3rd, 2002)
May. 28th, 1970
Glenn Quinn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1997 - Campfire Tales
1995 - Live Nude Girls
1992 - Dr. Giggles
1991 - Shout
Guest TV Roles
Party Jock #1
Joshua St. John
Quinn was born in Dublin, Ireland, and moved to the United States with his mother and two sisters in 1988. His first role was as a pool shark in the Richard Marx (II) video Satisfied. He later landed a major role in the John Travolta film Shout (1991), where he shared a screen kiss with Gwyneth Paltrow. He went on to have roles in a number of other movies and television series. His most notable roles were as Becky's husband, Mark, on "Roseanne" (1988) and half-demon Doyle on the WB's "Angel" (1999). He died of a heroin overdose in 2002.
- He was spotted by casting director 'Johanna Ray' (qv), who helped him get representation.
- Worked in a factory, painted houses and waited tables before getting discovered.
- Was a co-owner of Goldfingers, a 007 themed nightclub in Hollywood.
- Was good friends with 'David Boreanaz' (qv) and 'Christian Kane' (qv) of _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv).
- Attended Clonkeen College, a Roman Catholic Christian Brothers school, in Blackrock, near Dublin.
- Though allowed to use his native Irish accent in the show _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv), it was so thick that he had to occasionally "Americanize" it so you could understand what he was saying. This sometimes made it sound as if is accent was fading in and out.
- His character Mark Healy on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv), was intended to be a one-episode guest appearance, but became a seven-year stint.
- Though originally from Dublin, Ireland, most of Quinn's roles have called for him to hide his Irish accent and don an American one. The WB series _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv) was his first role in an American series where he was allowed to use his own brogue. Quinn's first screen kiss was in _Shout (1991)_ (qv) with 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv). While still playing Mark on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv), Quinn also took a role as youngest son Cedric on a series called _"Covington Cross" (1992)_ (qv). But while _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv) filmed in the US, _"Covington Cross" (1992)_ (qv) was filmed in England, which gave the actor one hell of a commute.