Mar. 5th, 1938
Gary, Indiana, USA
Fred Williamson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Starsky & Hutch
1997 - Full Tilt Boogie
1996 - From Dusk Till Dawn
1996 - Original Gangstas
1983 - Vigilante
1980 - Fist of Fear, Touch of Death
1975 - Boss Nigger
1975 - Take a Hard Ride
1973 - That Man Bolt
1973 - Black Caesar
1970 - MASH
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Mason Warren
Sergeant Bunny Green
Det. Sgt. La Peer
Roland 'Rollie' Stingwell
Former Oakland Raiders/Kansas City Chiefs football star who rose to prominence as one of the first African-American male action stars of the "blaxploitation" genre of the early 1970s, who has since gone on to a long and illustrious career as an actor, director, writer, and producer! Burly, yet handsome 6' 3" Williamson first came to attention in the TV series "Julia" (1968) playing love interest, Steve Bruce. However, his rugged, athletic physique made him a natural for energetic roles and he quickly established himself as a street wise, tough guy in films including That Man Bolt (1973), Boss Nigger (1975), Black Caesar (1973), and Mean Johnny Barrows (1976). Talented Williams established his own production company "Po 'Boy Productions" in 1974, which has produced over 40 movies to date. Like many young American stars of the 1960s and '70s, Williamson was noticed by Italian producers who cast him in a slew of B-grade action movies that occupied a lot of his work in the 1980s. From the late '80s onwards, much of his work has been of the "straight to video" fare (often playing police officers), but none could deny he has kept actively busy in movies and TV for over three decades, both in front of and behind the camera. More recently, indie director Robert Rodriguez (II) cast him alongside FX guru Tom Savini as two vampire killing bikers, in his bloody action film From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), and he has most recently appeared on screen (displaying his wonderful comedy skills) playing grumpy Captain Dobey in Starsky & Hutch (2004).
- Appeared (mostly) nude in October 73 issue of Playgirl Magazine.
- High School - Froebel High School, Gary, IN College - Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
- Was one of the judges in the Miss Universe pageant in 1976.
- 1959 Northwestern University graduate.
- He is a trained Architect.
- Has black belts in the following martial arts: Kenpo, Shotokan Karate, and Tae-Kwon-Do.
- Played for the Kansas City Chiefs against the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl I in January of 1967.
- Did a season of _"NFL Monday Night Football" (1970)_ (qv) with 'Howard Cosell' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb