Sep. 18th, 1939
Shaker Heights, Ohio, USA
Guest TV Roles
Officer Brown (Voiced)
'Bear City' Narrator (Voiced)
Jack Hench (Voiced)
Fred Willard radiates a unique charm that has established him as one of the industry's most gifted comic actors, first coming to prominence as ambitious but dimwitted sidekick Jerry Hubbard to Martin Mull's smarmy talk-show host Barth Gimble in the devastating satirical series "Fernwood 2 Night" (1977). A master of sketch comedy, he is most heralded for his quick wit and improvisational expertise. His 50 appearances in sketches on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992) are indicative of his ability to transform any character into a unique comic portrayal. Fred recently completed a sold-out run of his one-man show, "Fred Willard: Alone At Last!" (with a cast of 12) and received two Los Angeles Artistic Director Awards, for Best Comedy and Best Production. He is an alumnus of The Second City and currently heads a sketch comedy workshop, The MoHo Group.
- Has had a part in every movie directed by 'Christopher Guest (I)' (qv).
- As of late 2006, he has appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno over 80 times, as both a guest and a participant in a skit.
- Fellow members of Ace included 'Bill Saluga' (qv), 'Patti Deutsch' (qv). among others.
- Has one daughter Hope (b. 1974) and one grandson (b. 1998).
- He got his start performing in a comedy duo and spent a year at Chicago's famed Second City. He was a founding member of the improvisational comedy group Ace Trucking Company
- He is from the same area in Ohio as 'Paul Newman (I)' (qv).