May. 11th, 1952
Milford-on-the-sea, Hampshire, England, UK
Frances Fisher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - In the Valley of Elah
2007 - The Kingdom
2004 - Laws of Attraction
2003 - House of Sand and Fog
2000 - Gone in Sixty Seconds
1999 - True Crime
1999 - The Big Tease
1997 - Titanic
1997 - Wild America
1996 - Striptease
1996 - Waiting For Guffman
1992 - Unforgiven
1991 - L.A. Story
1990 - Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael
1989 - Pink Cadillac
1989 - Heavy Petting
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Elizabeth 'Liz' Carson
Frances Fisher began by apprenticing at the Barter Theatre in Abingdon, Virginia. She spent 14 years based in New York City, playing leads in over 30 productions of plays by such noted writers as John Arden (II), Noel Coward, Emily Mann (I), Joe Orton (I), Sam Shepard, William Shakespeare (I), Jean Claude Van Italie, Eudora Welty and Tennessee Williams. She won a Drama Desk Award - Best Ensemble for the American Premier of Caryl Churchill's "Three More Sleepless Nights", played in the American premier of Judith Thompson (I)'s "The Crackwalker" and originated roles in Elia Kazan's "The Chain" and Arthur Miller (I)'s last play, "Finishing the Picture". Besides working with Kazan and Miller, some of Ms. Fisher's more interesting theater experiences were creating roles from two great works of literature: George Orwell's "1984" and Victor Hugo (I)'s "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". Ms. Fisher worked at the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles alongside Annette Bening and Alfred Molina in Anton Chekhov's "The Cherry Orchard". Fisher is starring in "Sexy Laundry" with Paul Ben-Victor at the Hayworth Theatre in Los Angeles. She studied with Stella Adler and became a lifetime member of the Actors Studio by actually "walking up the stairs" and auditioning for legendary acting teacher Lee Strasberg.
- Is a U.S. citizen.
- In the movie _The Stars Fell on Henrietta (1995)_ (qv) her real-life daughter, 'Francesca Fisher-Eastwood' (qv), played her youngest child.
- Has blondish-red hair and light blue eyes.
- Was the original choice for the role of Jill Taylor on _"Home Improvement" (1991)_ (qv) but was replaced at the last minute by 'Patricia Richardson (I)' (qv). A lack of chemistry between 'Tim Allen (I)' (qv) and Fisher was named the reason for the switch.
- Her father worked in oil refinery construction, so she moved regularly. She was born in England and moved about every year until she was in 7th grade, when the family settled in Orange, Texas.
- Is best friends with 'Sharon Gabet' (qv), who she met while they were both on _"The Edge of Night" (1956)_ (qv).
- Her goddaughter is 'Jasmine Joshua'.
- In 1993, Frances gave birth to her child with 'Clint Eastwood' (qv), a daughter named 'Francesca Fisher-Eastwood' (qv).