Jul. 10th, 1958
County Cork, Ireland
Fiona Shaw's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
2009 - Dorian Gray
2007 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2007 - Fracture
2006 - The Black Dahlia
2004 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2002 - Doctor Sleep
2002 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2001 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
1998 - The Avengers
1996 - Jane Eyre
1995 - Persuasion
1993 - Super Mario Bros.
1993 - Undercover Blues
1990 - Mountains of the Moon
1990 - 3 Men and a Little Lady
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- At the Evening Standard Theatre Awards she was named Best Actress for 'Medea' performed at the Queeen's Theater in London. (2002)
- Graduated from University College Cork.
- Following an unhappy experience playing Kate in "The Taming of the Shrew" for 'Jonathan Miller (I)' (qv) (Miller would not extend himself to allow the inclusion of modern sexual politics), she has only occasionally worked with male directors. Her collaboration with 'Deborah Warner (I)' (qv) has produced a string of daring performances and an armful of theatre awards.
- She was awarded the 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award in 1994 (1993 season) for Best Actress in her performance for "Machinal" at the Royal National Theatre.
- She was awarded the 1991 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre Award) for Best Actress for her performance in Hedda Gabler.
- Born to an eye surgeon and his wife, a physicist.
- Played "Miss Jean Brodie" on stage in London.
- Attended secondary school at Scoil Mhuire in Cork City.