76 (passed away Jul. 4th, 1995)
Feb. 11th, 1919
5' 2 1/2"
Eva Gabor's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1990 - The Rescuers Down Under
1987 - The Princess Academy
1977 - The Rescuers
1970 - The Aristocats
1963 - A New Kind of Love
1958 - Gigi
1955 - Artists and Models
1954 - The Mad Magician
Guest TV Roles
Gloria Van Dine
Eva Von Gronyitz
Madeleine De Rochefort
Of the fabled trio of Gabor sisters, Eva was the "good Gabor." She arrived in the US in the 1930s and appeared both in films and on Broadway. However, she is best remembered as the socialite turned farm wife on TV's "Green Acres" (1965) with co-star Eddie Albert playing husband Oliver Wendell Douglas.
- Credited with the quote "Marriage is too interesting an experiment to be tried only once."
- Buried near _"Green Acres" (1965)_ (qv) co star 'Eddie Albert' (qv) at Westwood Memorial in Los Angeles, California.
- Daughter of 'Jolie Gabor' (qv). Sister of 'Magda Gabor' (qv) and 'Zsa Zsa Gabor' (qv).
- Was friends with 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv).
- She founded a wig company.
- The epitaph on her grave reads: Our darling Eva We love you You are in our hearts forever.
- Married and divorced five times. Eva's first husband, Dr. Erik Drimmer, was 'Greta Garbo' (qv)'s osteopath.
- Was both a cat and dog lover.
Related sites for this celeb