Oct. 9th, 1973
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
5' 6 1/2
Erin Daniels' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - A Single Man
2003 - House of 1000 Corpses
2002 - One Hour Photo
1999 - Chill Factor
Guest TV Roles
Officer Karen Crane
Daniels was born Erin Cohen in St. Louis, Missouri, where she grew up. Her father was an architect and her mother was a clinical social worker. She grew up in a Jewish family; her mother co-founded the Central Reform Congregation in St. Louis and her grandmother received an award from the National Conference of Christians and Jews. She attended Clayton High School and Vassar College, graduating from the latter in 1995 after majoring in art.
After Vassar, she moved to New York City, where she studied with William Esper, a protégé of Sanford Meisner, and worked Off Broadway. She then moved to Los Angeles for a part on the short-lived TV series Action.
In 2002, the St. Louis Film Festival awarded Daniels the Emerging Star Award. She appeared in One Hour Photo, Wheelmen, and House of 1000 Corpses before becoming a cast member of Showtime's The L Word. Her depiction of Dana Fairbanks on that show prompted an anonymous donation of a million dollars to the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, an organization that promotes and funds breast cancer intraductal research.
Daniels has also appeared in the TV shows Action, Jericho, Dexter, Saving Grace, Big Shots, Justice, CSI and Swingtown. She played the role of The Mother in director Matthew Mishory's debut feature, Joshua Tree, 1951: A Portrait of James Dean.
Daniels married producer Chris Uettwiller in 2008. They are currently living in Los Angeles with their two young sons.
- Her favorite movie of all time is _Being There (1979)_ (qv) with 'Peter Sellers' (qv) and 'Shirley MacLaine' (qv).
- Has 20/20 vision - she wears neither glasses nor contacts in real life.
- Does great voice imitations.
- Speaks French fluently, and spends a lot of her time outside work in France.
- Was an avid Speech and Debate competitor in high school.
- Was a gymnast in her youth.
- _"The L Word" (2004)_ (qv) co-star 'Jennifer Beals (I)' (qv) used to consult Erin for advice on doing some of the show's comedic scenes.
- She was educated at Vassar College. Upon graduating from there (with a degree in Architecture and Art History), she relocated to New York to begin her entertainment career. She later moved to Los Angeles to further her career.
Related sites for this celeb