Mar. 29th, 1943
South Shields, Tyne and Wear, England, UK
Eric Idle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Delgo
2007 - Shrek The Third
2005 - The Aristocrats
2004 - Ella Enchanted
2003 - Hollywood Homicide
2002 - Pinocchio
2000 - 102 Dalmatians
1999 - Dudley Do-Right
1998 - Quest for Camelot
1998 - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie
1995 - Casper
1993 - Splitting Heirs
1992 - Mom and Dad Save the World
1990 - Nuns on the Run
1986 - Transformers: The Movie
1985 - European Vacation
1983 - Yellowbeard
1982 - Monty Python Live At The Hollywood Bowl
1979 - Monty Python's Life of Brian
1975 - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Guest TV Roles
Declan Desmond (Voiced)
The voice of (Voiced)
The Pied Piper
Pluto Angel (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv) calls him his mentor.
- Son, Carey (b. 1973), with 'Lyn Ashley' (qv).
- Describes himself as having "creative dyslexia", meaning he can look at any word and automatically see the anagrams that can be made from it. One of the characters he played in "Monty Python's Flying Circus" was a man who speaks only in anagrams.
- Studied English at Cambridge University. While at university, he was a member of the prestigious Cambridge Footlights Club, and later, President of the Footlights Club.
- Daughter, Lily (b. 1990), with 'Tania Kosevich' (qv).
- The only member of Monty Python not to appear on _"Friday Night, Saturday Morning" (1979)_ (qv).
- Is an accomplished guitar player.
- Although his picture _An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn (1997)_ (qv) was a commercial and critical disappointment, Idle has been asked for 'Alan Smithee' (qv)'s "autograph" in real life...and consented (Smithee was the nonexistent, pseudonymous director whom Idle "portrayed" in said movie).