Feb. 21st, 1987
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Ellen Page's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Peacock
2010 - Inception
2009 - Whip It
2008 - Smart People
2007 - The Tracey Fragments
2007 - The Stone Angel
2007 - An American Crime
2007 - Juno
2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand
2005 - Mouth to Mouth
2005 - Hard Candy
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Robot Assistant (Voiced)
Alaska Nebraska (Voiced)
Ellen Philpotts-Page was born on February 21, 1987, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. She wanted to start acting at an early age and attended the Neptune Theater School. Her first appearance was in the TV show "Pit Pony," for which she received a Young Artist and Gemini nomination for Best Performance. Ellen won the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor Award (from the Atlantic Film Festival) and another nomination for Wilby Wonderful. For the TV series ReGenesis, Page was given a Gemini for Best Performance.
- Ranked #1 on interview magazines Hollywood faces to watch "future stars of tomorrow" Along with 'Kellan Rhude' (qv).
- Her favorite movie is _Les quatre cents coups (1959)_ (qv).
- Was the first choice for Christine in 'Drag Me to Hell' (2009),but was forced to pass due to scheduling difficulties. That part later went to Alison Lohman.
- After attending three different high schools, she graduated from the Shambhala School in Halifax.
- She originally turned down the role of Kitty Pryde in _X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)_ (qv) until director 'Brett Ratner' (qv) personally contacted her and talked her into it.
- Had to wear hair extensions for _X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)_ (qv) as she had shaved her head bald for her role in _Mouth to Mouth (2005)_ (qv).
- Was ranked #8 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actress list. (2008).
- Is friends with 'Olivia Thirlby' (qv), who was her co-star in _Juno (2007)_ (qv).