Apr. 9th, 1998
Conyers, Georgia, USA
Elle Fanning's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Somewhere
2009 - Astro Boy
2008 - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
2008 - Phoebe in Wonderland
2007 - Reservation Road
2007 - The Nines
2006 - Déjà Vu
2006 - Babel
2006 - I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With
2005 - Because of Winn-Dixie
2004 - The Door in the Floor
2003 - Daddy Day Care
2001 - I am Sam
Guest TV Roles
Allie Clarke at 3 years
Herself - Guest
Mary Elle Fanning was born on the 9th of April 1998 in Conyers, Georgia, USA. Her step into stardom was when she was just two years 11 months old when she played the younger version of her sister, Dakota Fanning, in the blockbuster movie I Am Sam (2001), as Lucy, age 2 years. She then played younger Dakota again when Dakota was cast in "Taken" (2002) as Allie, age 3 years. But her first big independent movie without her sister was in 2003's Daddy Day Care (2003) as Jamie. She then had 2 guest appearances on TV, in "Judging Amy" (1999) and "CSI: Miami" (2002).
Elle was now becoming more and more successful and famous, and she got another role, this time in 2004, in The Door in the Floor (2004) with Kim Basinger. Her career seems to be getting better and better, as she accomplished 2 movies this year, 2005, Because of Winn-Dixie (2005) and now she is in post-production of I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With (2006).
- Her grandmother spent $US600 at an auction buying her an old cream container that used to belong to 'Marilyn Monroe' (qv).
- Learned the piano.
- To celebrate her seventh birthday, she went with her family to see Cirque du Soleil perform "Quidam" during its run in Melbourne, Australia.
- Is German/Irish.
- As a child, Elle played the role of newborn in her some of her big sister Dakota's projects.
- Niece of 'Jill Arrington' (qv).
- Her mom named her Mary and her dad named her Elle, so her name is Mary Elle Fanning. Like her older sister, 'Dakota Fanning' (qv), she uses her middle name instead of her first name.
- Casting notes for the role of young Ruth Cole in _The Door in the Floor (2004)_ (qv) originally called for identical twins, because producers believed the workload of the character to be too much for one little girl to take.