Apr. 21st, 1965
Carman, Manitoba, Canada
Ed Belfour's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Belfour is known throughout the league for his aggressive style and his firey nature on the ice. He is never shy about leaving the crease or playing the puck. His work ethic and belief in himself could be his best assets. Between the pipes, Belfour tends to use his body to stop the puck rather than his glove or stick. The Eagle has appeared in five NHL All-Star games, won 2 Vezinas and a Stanley Cup with the Stars in 1999.
- Children: Dayn and Reaghan.
- Belfour backed up both Martin Brodeur and Curtis Joseph (II) at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake city
- Named to the World Cup roster for Team Canada, along with 13 other NHLers who also won gold in the 2002 Olympics, in Salt Lake City.
- Traded to the San Jose Sharks on January 25, 1997 for Chris Terreri, Ulf Dahlen & Michal Sykora
- July 2, 2002, signs with Toronto Maple Leafs as an unrestricted free agent
- Won Calder Memorial Trophy (NHL rookie of the year) in 1990-91
- Signed as an undrafted free-agent on June 18, 1987
- Selected and appeared in 5 NHL All Star Games
Related sites for this celeb