Sep. 26th, 1933
Pride, Louisiana, USA
Donna Douglas' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1966 - Frankie and Johnny
1960 - Bells Are Ringing
1959 - Li'l Abner
Guest TV Roles
Janet Tyler (revealed)
Annabelle (segment "Love and the Love Kit")
An honest to goodness Southern Belle, similar to her most famous role, Elly May on "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962), Donna Douglas grew up in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area loving "critters." She got married soon after high school, had a son, divorced and won a couple of beauty contests, all within the span of a few years. She moved to New York and soon appeared on television shows, including a well-remembered guest shot on "The Twilight Zone" (1959) in one of the series' most famous episodes, "Eye of the Beholder", in which she plays a woman who tries to undergo a series of experimental treatments to make her beautiful, only for the treatments to fail. The twist was she was beautiful, at least to the viewers, but considered hideous to the pig people of her planet. She soon won the role of Elly May on one of the greatest situation comedies of all time, "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962).
- Best known by the public for her role as Elly May Clampett on _"The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962)_ (qv).
- Was Miss Baton Rouge, and then in 1957, Miss New Orleans.
- Measurements: 37-23-36 (in 1964) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Had a second career as a gospel singer, as well as a popular real estate agent in Beverly Hills.
- She and her _"The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962)_ (qv) co-star, 'Buddy Ebsen' (qv), had a lot in common. Like Ebsen, she too is a successful gospel singer and character actress, and is also Republican.
- Is proud of her role as Elly May in _"The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962)_ (qv) and occasionally makes public appearances dressed as Elly May.
- Was a self-described tomboy in her younger days, and like her character Elly May, she is extremely fond of animals.
- During the filming of _"The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962)_ (qv) she and 'Irene Ryan' (qv) would annually put on a huge Christmas party for the show's staff and families.
Related sites for this celeb