Dec. 26th, 1930
Plymouth, Devon, England, UK
6' 1 1/2
Donald Moffat's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1996 - The Evening Star
1994 - Trapped In Paradise
1994 - Clear and Present Danger
1992 - Housesitter
1991 - Class Action
1991 - Regarding Henry
1990 - The Bonfire of the Vanities
1989 - Music Box
1988 - The Unbearable Lightness of Being
1986 - The Best Of Times
1983 - The Right Stuff
1982 - The Thing
1980 - Popeye
1974 - Earthquake
1974 - The Terminal Man
1972 - The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid
1968 - Rachel, Rachel
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Martin Davis
Dr. David Forbes
born in Plymouth, Devon, the only child of Kathleen Mary (née Smith) and Walter George Moffat,Completing his studies at the local King Edward VI School and national service in the Army, Moffat trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.He has also appeared in many Broadway plays, including the world premieres of John Guare's A Few Stout Individuals (as Ulysses S. Grant), Painting Churches, The Heiress, The Cherry Orchard, Much Ado About Nothing, The School for Scandal, and Hamlet.
- Resides in Los Angeles, California.
- Made his stage debut at age 24 in a London stage production of "Macbeth".
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1967 Tony Award as Best Actor (Dramatic) for two plays - both revivals: Pirandello's "Right You Are If You Think You Are", and Ibsen's "The Wild Duck".
- He was nominated for a 1976 Joseph Jefferson Award for Best Guest Artist for his performance in "Misalliance" at the Academy Festival Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Began his acting career as a member of London's Old Vic theater in the 50s.
- Studied acting at RADA.
- Has played two United States Presidents: 'Lyndon Johnson (I)' (qv) in _The Right Stuff (1983)_ (qv), and the fictional President in _Clear and Present Danger (1994)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb