Dec. 8th, 1976
Dominic Monaghan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
2008 - I Sell The Dead
2003 - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
2002 - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
2001 - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Guest TV Roles
Dominic Monaghan is best-known for his role in the movie adaptations of "Lord of the Rings". Before that, he became known in England for his role in the British television drama "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates" (1996). He was studying English Literature, Drama and Geography at Sixth Form College when he was offered the co-starring role in the series, which ran for four seasons. His other television credits include _"This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper" (2000) (mini)_ and a leading role in _Monsignor Renard (1999)_, a series starring John Thaw.
On the stage, Monaghan has performed in the world premiere UK production of The Resurrectionists, Whale and Annie and Fanny from Bolton to Rome. Since watching Star Wars when he was six years old, Dominic has been consumed by films. His other obsessions include writing, music, fashion, playing/watching soccer and surfing. Utilizing his writing skills, he and LOTR co-star Billy Boyd (I) are collaborating on a script.
Born and raised in Berlin, Monaghan and his family moved to England when he was twelve. In addition to speaking fluent German, he has a knack at impersonations and accents. He frequently returns to his hometown of Manchester, England.
- Originally auditioned for the role of Sawyer on "Lost" before being asked to read for the role of Charlie.
- Wrote and recorded the vocals for the tracks "Shadow" and "Maybe", and co-wrote and recorded "Half Fling" with 'Elijah Wood' (qv) on 'Viggo Mortensen' (qv)'s album 'Pandemoniumfromamerica'.
- Has a habit of writing on his hands, which he shares with 'Chris Martin (XI)' (qv) of 'Coldplay' (qv), who happens to be one of his favorite bands.
- Used to be roommates with Mackenzie Astin, the brother of his co-star from LOTR, Sean Astin. He now lives on his own in Hollywood Hills.
- Previous jobs before acting included sorting mail at a Post Office, working in British Home Stores and working as a saute chef at a place called Quincey's in Didsbury, Manchester.
- Has a love for insects.
- Is a video game fanatic and often hosts gaming parties at his house
- Attended St. Anne's R.C High School in Stockport, England where his uncle has just retired as Headteacher