Feb. 24th, 1931
Bronx, New York City, New York, USA
Dominic Chianese's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Last New Yorker
2007 - Adrift in Manhattan
2002 - Unfaithful
1998 - Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God... Be Back by Five
1996 - Looking For Richard
1996 - If Lucy Fell
1993 - The Night We Never Met
1992 - The Public Eye
1991 - Out For Justice
1990 - Q & A
1981 - Fort Apache the Bronx
1979 - ...And Justice for All.
1979 - Firepower
1976 - All the President's Men
1975 - Dog Day Afternoon
1974 - The Godfather: Part II
1972 - Fuzz
Guest TV Roles
Judge Paul Kaylin
Judge Michael Marx
A multi-talented performer--as well as being an actor, he is an accomplished singer--Dominic Chianese has the distinction of being the only actor to appear in the greatest mobster movie series (as Johnny Ola in The Godfather: Part II (1974)) and the greatest mobster TV series (as Uncle Junior on "The Sopranos" (1999)). He released a new music CD in late 2000 on which he sings American and Italian standards.
- He joins 'Les Paul' (qv) and 'Woody Allen' (qv) as celebrities who have regular music gigs in New York. Chianese's set includes mostly Italian favorites you might hear on _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv). Dominic has a great voice, and incidentally helped one of his bandmates get a guest spot on the show this year at as well-wisher to an ailing Tony Soprano. Chianese's spot used to be the West Bank but he's been looking at other venues lately.
- Got his start as a musical-comedy performer. He still performs as a cabaret singer performing standards, ballads and Italian folk songs.
- Once sang "A Fool Such as I" at the Grand Ole Opry.
- Last name (Chianese) pronounced Kin-ay-see.
- He has the distinction of being the only actor to appear in the greatest mobster movie series (as Johnny Ola in _The Godfather: Part II (1974)_ (qv)) and the greatest mobster TV series as a series regular (as Uncle Junior on _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv)). 'Richard Bright (I)' (qv) and 'Vittorio Duse' (qv) also appeared in both the Godfather series and "The Sopranos", although they aren't regular cast members of "The Sopranos".
- Graduated from the prestigious Bronx High School of Science.