Nov. 30th, 1929
Mount Vernon, New York, USA
Dick Clark's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Bowling for Columbine
2002 - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
2001 - Spy Kids
1999 - The Suburbans
1994 - Forrest Gump
1968 - Wild in the Streets
1959 - Gidget
Guest TV Roles
Lefty Redbone (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Was hospitalized for a mild stroke and is reportedly doing fine. [8 December 2004]
- Was the co-owner of Film Ventures International Pictures with 'Edward L. Montoro' (qv) for several years.
- Began his career in 1945 in the mailroom of WRUN in Utica, New York, working his way up to weatherman and then newsman.
- Actor 'John Davidson (II)' (qv)'s father was the man who performed Dick and Kari's wedding vows.
- He and his wife Kari were married on 7/7/77 in a ceremony that started at 7:00 pm. His address in Burbank at that time was PO Box 7777.
- Rarely consumes alcoholic beverages, and every December 31, when he and his wife host "Rockin' New Year's Eve", she doesn't drink, either.
- Graduated from Syracuse University in 1951 with a degee in business administration.
- In 1959 the U.S. Senate began investigating the practice of "payola", in which record companies bribed radio personalities to play new records. Clark admitted he accepted a fur stole and jewelry and held financial interests in artists and songs that were frequently on _"Bandstand" (1952)_ (qv). Even though he was cleared of any wrongdoing, he was ordered to either leave ABC or sell his interests; he sold.