68 (passed away Feb. 24th, 1999)
Sep. 19th, 1930
Liverpool, England, UK
Derek Nimmo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1975 - One of our Dinosaurs is Missing
1965 - The Liquidator
1964 - A Hard Day's Night
1964 - Hot Enough for June
1963 - Heavens Above!
1960 - The Millionairess
Guest TV Roles
Mr. Smiley (Voiced)
Antique Shop Proprietor
[no bio found]
- When struggling to earn a living as an young actor, he and his new wife Patricia found themselves living in a caravan that was parked in a car park just off the Edgware Road in London's West End. However, when he was touring he was able to drive a 1937 Buick car he had bought for just £37.
- He has appeared in many West End plays.
- Father of Amanda, Timothy and Piers.
- Received a special mention in "The Goodies" episode: 'Wacky Wales', where there was a special team comprised exclusively of 'Derek Nimmos' in the Rugby Union (football) game of Ecclesiastical Sevens - emphasising his special religious-oriented roles in television programs such as "Oh Brother!", "Oh Father!" and "All Gas and Gaiters" among others.
- First job was at the Hippodrome at Bolton in England, UK
- Following a fall down stairs at his home on 2 December 1998, he spent the last few weeks of his life in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, initially in a coma.
- Derek went to Quarry Bank School in Liverpool, later to be better known due to 'John Lennon (I)' (qv).
- He was so convicing as a monk on _"Oh Brother!" (1968)_ (qv) that he was once arrested on the steps of St. Peter's Basilica, by the Vatican Police after being seen with his arm around a girl by a shocked nun.
Related sites for this celeb