81 (passed away Feb. 24th, 2006)
Jun. 4th, 1924
Joplin, Missouri, USA
Dennis Weaver's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Home on the Range
1971 - What's the Matter with Helen?
1966 - Duel at Diablo
1958 - Touch of Evil
1954 - Dragnet
1954 - The Bridges at Toko-Ri
1953 - The Man From The Alamo
Guest TV Roles
Sergeant Jay Allen
the Sundown Kid
Lewis M. Franks
Jed 'Judge Harker' Haines
[no bio found]
- Was a track and field athlete from the University of Oklahoma.
- Member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (Actors Branch).
- Built an Earthship environmental home in Ridgway, Colorado.
- Was a committed environmentalist; Weaver's home near Santa Fe, NM, is constructed almost entirely out of recycled materials.
- He was a struggling actor in Hollywood in 1955, earning $60 a week delivering flowers when he was offered $300 a week for a role in a new CBS television series, _"Gunsmoke" (1955)_ (qv). After nine years as Chester, who he played with a stiff-legged gait, he was earning $9,000 a week.
- Father of actor 'Robby Weaver (I)' (qv), actor/producer/director 'Rick Weaver (I)' (qv) and 'Rusty Weaver' (qv).
- He was a staunch supporter of the Democratic Party and a vocal opponent of the Iraq war.
- Inducted (as a cast member of _"Gunsmoke" (1955)_ (qv)) into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1981.