Jul. 17th, 1952
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
David Hasselhoff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Kickin It Old Skool
2006 - Click
2004 - A Dirty Shame
2004 - DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
2004 - The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
2002 - The New Guy
1999 - The Big Tease
1996 - Dear God
1988 - Starke Zeiten
1988 - Zärtliche Chaoten II
Guest TV Roles
Pop Tate (Voiced)
Himself - Question Setter
The acting bug first hit when David was seven and so he took acting, singing and dancing lessons. He was very shy off stage in front of girls because he was tall and thin, but when he was on stage he was in his element. Due to his father's work, his family (he has four sisters) moved around frequently. He thought his career was going to go in the direction of musicals and Broadway, but, while in California, he became successful on "The Young and the Restless" (1973) and his fate as an actor was sealed. He had a dream to be a pop star and his dream came true in 1988 when he crossed paths with Jack White (III), the noted German composer and record producer. Now, he is one of the most recognized faces on television throughout the world, he continues to star as chief lifeguard, Mitch Buchannon, in the TV series "Baywatch" (1989) and "Baywatch Nights" (1995), but he continues to sing too. He spends many hours visiting children's hospitals throughout the world. His charity, "Race For Life", works with the terminally ill and handicapped children in America. He is the father of two daughters, Taylor Ann and Hayley Amber, with ex-wife Pamela Bach-Hasselhoff.
- (March 1995) Helped to rescue a car crash victim.
- Once explained on a talk show about being attacked by a male kangaroo at a wildlife preserve.
- In 1989 he was awarded "Most Popular and Best Selling Artist of the Year" in Germany and was invited to perform 'Freedom' on the Berlin Wall New Year's Eve 1989.
- 26 June 2002 - checked into the 'Betty Ford' (qv) Clinic for alcohol-related problems.
- In 1996 he got star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He is second cousins with famous Australian TV host 'Rove McManus' (qv).
- Attended the Academy Of Dramatic Arts (Chicago) and the California Institute Of Arts (Los Angeles)
- Is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as "The Most Watched TV Star in the World", thanks to starring roles in both _"Knight Rider" (1982)_ (qv) and _"Baywatch" (1989)_ (qv).