Mar. 27th, 1971
Twynholm, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, UK
David Coulthard's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
[no bio found]
- Released his autobiography "It Is What It Is" in 2007, admitting that he suffered from bulimia as a teenager.
- Is now an analyst on the BBC's Formula One coverage, along with remaining a consultant with Red Bull Racing.
- Good friends with 'Allan McNish' (qv), 'Jacques Villeneuve' (qv) and 'Jenson Button' (qv).
- Ex-Formula One racing driver, who raced for Williams (1994-95), McLaren (1996-2004), and Red Bull Racing (2005-08).
- After winning the British Grand Prix in 2000, Coulthard flew in a Learjet 35 from Farnborough, UK, to Nice, France, which crashed at Lyon-Satolas airport after an attempted emergency landing due to engine trouble whilst en route. The plane's pilots, David Saunders and Dan Worley, died in the crash attempting to perform an emergency landing, while Coulthard, his then-fiancée Heidi Wichlinski, and his fitness trainer Andy Matthews survived. Despite bruised ribs, Coulthard was able managed to drag them both to safety through a rear cabin window. Five days later, Coulthard took a podium finish at the Spanish Grand Prix, and went on to win two more GPs that season.
- In his Formula One career, Coulthard won 13 Grands Prix, took 12 pole positions, and set 18 fastest laps. He has scored 535 World Championship points - more than any other British driver in F1.
- Is engaged to Karen Minier. They have one son, Dayton (b.November 2008).
- 'Martin Brundle' (qv) was his manager from 1998 until his retirement in 2008.
Related sites for this celeb