Jan. 3rd, 1975
La Jolla, California, USA
Danica McKellar's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Heatstroke
2007 - Hack!
2004 - Quiet Kill
1992 - Sidekicks
Guest TV Roles
Miss Martian (Voiced)
Nola (Age 10) (segment "Her Pilgrim Soul")
Sapphire Stagg (Voiced)
Katerina Metropoulos 'Kat' (Voiced)
Together with her younger sister, Crystal McKellar, she began acting at a young age in her mother's dance studio. In 1982 the family moved to Los Angeles and a few years later she appeared in her first commercial. A few guest appearances in "The Twilight Zone" (1985) was followed by her breakthrough in "The Wonder Years" (1988). She has had good grades in math and French. In her spare time she likes to go skiing, swimming and surfing.
- Had a 1998 paper published in Britain's "Journal of Physics A: Mathematics & General" with UCLA professor Lincoln Chayes and student Brandy Winn that provided a mathematical proof for a theorem dealing with magnetism in two dimensions. Her Erdos number is, at most, four; her Bacon number, by comparison, is two.
- Did all her own dancing and lifts in "21 and a Wakeup" with partner Jamie Bayard, of "So You Think You Can Dance" fame.
- Is now a two-time New York Times bestselling author with books "Kiss My Math" (2008) and "Math Doesn't Suck" (2007).
- Is fluent in French.
- Daughter of 'Mahaila McKellar' (qv) and 'Christopher McKellar' (qv).
- _"ABC Evening News" (1953)_ (qv) named her "Person of the Week" for her book, "Math Doesn't Suck".
- She is of Scottish and Portuguese descent.
- Graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with a BS in mathematics in June 1998.