Dec. 2nd, 1954
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Dan Butler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Fixing Frank
2002 - The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest
1998 - Enemy of the State
1996 - The Fan
1994 - I Love Trouble
1993 - Dave
1993 - Rising Sun
1992 - Captain Ron
1991 - The Silence of the Lambs
1986 - The Manhattan Project
1986 - Manhunter
Guest TV Roles
Mr. Simmons (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Butler disclosed his homosexuality on _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv) in 1994 during his run as a swaggering heterosexual on _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv).
- Father Andrew Butler is a pharmacist; mother Shirley is a homemaker.
- Is a playwright.
- Butler was among the public figures to speak out in 2000 against California's Proposition 22 (also known as the Knight Initiative) that sought to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
- Is best known for the role of Bob "Bulldog" Briscoe on the super-popular Emmy-winning show _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv).
- Is one of only two actors to have appeared in the original Hannibal Lecter film, _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv), as well as _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv). The other is 'Frankie Faison' (qv).
- Best known for his role as Robert "Bulldog" Briscoe in _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv). Initially, he was a recurring guest actor, but in 1996, he became a member of the main cast. His character was written out of the show in 1999, but returned to guest star in five episodes of the series' last three seasons.
- Has been involved with the theatre since his youth in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He made his performing debut as a lad in a local production of "The Music Man" and eventually joined the Indiana-Purdue theatre group while in high school.
Related sites for this celeb