Dec. 9th, 1991
Cody Kennedy's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - 17 Again
Guest TV Roles
Katie the Cheerleader
Cody Catherine Kennedy-Levin was born on December 9, 1991 in Hollywood, California. The second to last child out of four girls, she became interested in acting and performing from the age of two, when she would play the lead roles in her grade school plays. Before her real television debut, she starred in various short films and PSA commercials for Golden Era Productions.
In 2006 she booked the lead role in the feature film "Long Distance Princess" but was forced to turned it down because her parents did not approve of her missing three months of school.
Her acting debut was in 2007 when she auditioned for and got the role of the hot girl in 'Jon Mclaughlin's "Beautiful Disaster" music video. She instantly became signature models for numerous clothing, millinery, and shoe companies. Cody got a shot at reality TV when her boyfriend, son of Gene Simmons (I), Nick Simmons (I) asked her to be a part of an episode of their family television show, "Gene Simmons Family Jewels". After her first episode aired in March of 2007, she was requested to come and be in a couple more episodes for the third season. Soon after, she had booked a series regular role on the sitcom pilot "This is Fashion" where she played Jamie, the mid-west oil riggers daughter.
In 2008 she booked two Disney music videos; Miley Cyrus "7 Things" directed by Brett Ratner and Mitchel Musso "The In Crowd" directed by Declan Whitebloom. After being chosen for Nylon Magazine's "It Girl" the editor Marvin Scott Jarrett asked her to be a part of a film for Nylon+WeSC. Soon after a sister shoot for Elle Girl (Japan) magazine Cody was approached to create her own line of clothes and key chains for Japan.
In 2009 she worked alongside legendary cinematographer Janusz Kaminski (I) in a Sears television commercial. Her music video career stayed consistent when she booked Justin Timberlake's discovery Esmee Denter's "Outta Here" music video. Quickly after she shot a McDonalds commercial for Belgium.
The summer of her senior year in high school, she was accepted into the prestigious UCLA Sitcom College Course. Kennedy was privileged to have studied with Conchata Ferrell, Chuck Lorre, Scott Sedita, and Howard Storm. Ferrell cast Cody as a series regular in the pilot "Roomies", where she portrayed a sarcastic rocker chic.
Her path has been guided much more by the quality of the material and the integrity of the creative people involved, rather than pursuit of fame or fortune. A prodigiously talented young actress, promises to have a life long career.
- Chosen as Nylon Magazine's "It Girl" for their October Issue 2008.
- Earned a Governor and First Lady Service Award as well as The President's Volunteer Service Award.
- Loves 'Ella Fitzgerald' (qv), 'Billie Holiday' (qv), and 'Julie London' (qv).
- Received official awards from George W. Bush and 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) for outstanding community service.
- Hosted the Young Hollywood Shows for Boxeight LA Fashion Week (2009).
- She auditioned for a small supporting role in the Lionel Chew's independent film "Long Distance Princess", she booked the lead instead.
- Chosen out of 300 girls for the 'Miley Cyrus' (qv) "7 Things" music video.
- She is allergic to chocolate, onions, MSG, salmon, and nuts.
Related sites for this celeb