Oct. 26th, 1978
Chicago, Illinois, USA
C.M. Punk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
Born in 1978, Phil Brooks had a hard life growing up on the streets where he was confronted by drugs and alcohol. Instead of giving into them, he turned away from them and decided to join the Straight Edge movement of being Alcohol, Drug and Cigarette free. In his teen years, Brook become a highly disciplined fighter in kick boxing and karate. Not knowing what to do with his life in his early twenties. Phil Brooks decided to join the Steel Domain Wrestling School and was trained by Ace Steel who instantly become one of his best friends.
Now going by the name CM Punk. He rose up the ranks in the Indy wrestling, where he perfected his craft. Punk started using his real life Straight Edge attitude as his wrestling gimmick and quickly become one of the most famous Indy wrestlers after his memorable matches with Chris Hero, Raven and Samoa Joe [He also become very close friends with Colt Cabana and Eddie Guererro]
Becoming the star of Indy Promotion Ring of Honor. C.M. Punk was offered a WWE try out, where he fought Val Venis in 2005 on Raw. Later that year Punk was given a World Wrestling Entertainment contract and head off to the WWE.
Sent to WWE's development school. C.M. Punk quickly become the top star there, and even won there World Championship. Before being called up to the main WWE show.
CM Punk debuted in late 2006 on ECW. Where he remained undefeated for months and quickly become the most popular superstar in the land of Extreme. At the 2006 Survivor Series Punk out shined his partners, by being cheered louder than his partners Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy. One week later he preformed in his first ECW main event at the December to Dismember Pay Per View. In 2007, he nearly won the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania, after defeating King Booker on SmackDown.
This lifted C.M. Punk up through the WWE ranks high enough to become the top star of ECW. Punk went onto disband the ECW group known as the New Breed, after defeating every single member of the group. Before starting a five month feud with the top bad guy of ECW, the self proclaimed Guru of Greatness John Morrison.
There rivalry came to a climax in September of 2007 where CM Punk defeated Morrison to earn the ECW World Championship after a hard fought match. As ECW Champion, CM Punk continued to carry ECW, with victory's over Elijah Burke, John Morrison, The Miz, Big Daddy V and Chavo Guererro.
As of 2008, CM Punk is still the main force behind the success of ECW, as he successfully defends his Extreme Championship Wrestling Title.
- Placed at #89 in the 2004 Pro Wrestling Illustrated 500.
- 23rd June 2008, was drafted from ECW to Monday Night Raw.
- Got a tattoo of a modified Pepsi logo on his arm when many of his college classmates were getting beer logo tattoos. He thought it was amusing and tattooed the Pepsi logo because of his straight-edge lifestyle in which he does not consume alcohol.
- Appeared at Wrestlemania 22, as one of the gangsters leaving the car as John Cena made his entrance for the main event and as one of the druids during The Undertaker's entrance.
- 30th June 2008, on Monday Night Raw, cashed in his Money In The Bank to pin Edge and win the World Heavyweight Championship, which he successfully defended against John "Bradshaw" Layfield on the same night.
- Is still good friends with long-time wrestling rival and TNA star Samoa Joe (Joe Seanoa).
- Since joining the newly revived _"Extreme Championship Wrestling" (2006)_ (qv) in July, 2006, he had an undefeated winning streak until in ended on January 9, 2007 when he was defeated by 'Bob Howard (V)' (qv).
- Leader of the Second City Saints in Ring of Honor, along with Colt Cabana and Ace Steel. Also a member of The Gathering in NWA: TNA with Raven and Julio Dinero.
Related sites for this celeb