Feb. 15th, 1955
New York City, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Clark Kent (Voiced)
Christopher McDonald has acted in 85 films and numerous television and theater productions. He was born in New York City, one of seven children. He actually grew up in Romulus, a small town in upstate New York, where his father was the high school principal and musical director. He first attended undergraduate school at Hobart and William Smith Colleges in Geneva, New York, and later studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, and the Stella Adler Acting Conservatory in New York.
Chris has appeared in such films as Grease 2 (1982), Dutch (1991), Thelma & Louise (1991) and Quiz Show (1994). He is often recognized as golf pro Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore (1996).
Chris currently resides in Southern California with his wife and four children.
- Enjoys racing cars and has raced in the Long Beach Grand Prix as well as on tracks in Germany.
- Older brother of actor 'Daniel McDonald (I)' (qv)
- Theatre credits include the Obie Award-winning musical Nightclub Cantata, Hay Fever, Bouncers and the Los Angeles Theatre Center's productions of Hamlet, Othello and The Taming Of The Shrew.
- Son Jackson Riley McDonald (born December 22nd 1990) and Daughters Hannah Elizabeth McDonald (born October 20th 1993) and Rosie McDonald (born 1996).
- Attended Hobart College in Geneva, New York.
- Is friends with actress 'Sheryl Lee' (qv).
- Studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and the Stella Adler Acting Conservatory in New York.
- (September 3, 2001) His wife Lupe gave birth to their fourth child, a daughter, Ava Catherine - weight eight pounds two ounces.