54 (passed away Nov. 28th, 1983)
Feb. 25th, 1929
Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Christopher George's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1987 - Predator: The Concert
1982 - Mil gritos tiene la noche
1981 - Enter The Ninja
1981 - Graduation Day
1976 - The Shootist
1976 - Midway
1968 - Project X
1968 - Tiger by the Tail
1966 - El Dorado
1965 - In Harm's Way
Guest TV Roles
Peter (segment "Love and the Burglar Joke")
Peter Joseph Tenny
Solidly built, boyishly handsome American leading-man, Christopher George was the son of Greek immigrants. Weaned on stories of the legendary Greek heroes, George and his brother Nick (later a prominent fashion photographer) both quit high school to join the Marines. Completing his education after his tour of duty, George acted in numerous TV commercials, winning a New York Film Festival Award for his efforts. Appearing in Broadway plays like A Street Car Named Desire and films like Howard Hawks's El Dorado (1966). He became a great friend of John Wayne (I) also in Chisum (1970). George also became a TV star in the wartime adventure series "The Rat Patrol" (1966). He later starred in the science fiction series "The Immortal" (1970) and then returned to filmmaking. He also starred in Project X (1968), The Train Robbers (1973), Midway (1976), Grizzly (1976), Day of the Animals (1977), The Exterminator (1980), Graduation Day (1981), and his last, Mortuary (1983/I). He also appeared in another 30 other films and TV guest appearances. Christopher George died of a heart attack at age 54. He was married to his wife/actress Lynda Day George (a frequent co-star) for 14 years.
- Appeared with his brother, 'Nick George (I)' (qv), in _"The Rat Patrol" (1966)_ (qv) episode 'The Field of Death Raid'.
- Buried at Pierce Brothers Westwood Memorial Park.
- His fatal 1983 heart attack stemmed from a 1967 mishap on the set of _"The Rat Patrol" (1966)_ (qv). While filming a chase scene, George's jeep flipped over, pinning the actor underneath the vehicle. George sustained a cardiac contusion, which never properly healed, and scar tissue subsequently developed.
- Appeared together with his wife/actress 'Lynda Day George' (qv) in a number of films: _The Gentle Rain (1966)_ (qv), _Chisum (1970)_ (qv), _House on Greenapple Road (1970) (TV)_ (qv), _Mayday at 40,000 Feet! (1976) (TV)_ (qv), _Day of the Animals (1977)_ (qv), _Cruise Into Terror (1978) (TV)_ (qv), _Mil gritos tiene la noche (1982)_ (qv) and _Mortuary (1983/I)_ (qv) as well as several TV series.
- Uncle of 'Vanna White' (qv).
- Appeared as the centerfold in Playgirl Magazine's June 1974 issue.
- Appeared together with 'Lynda Day George' (qv) in _House on Greenapple Road (1970) (TV)_ (qv), _Chisum (1970)_ (qv), _Cruise Into Terror (1978) (TV)_ (qv), _Mortuary (1983/I)_ (qv), _Mayday at 40,000 Feet! (1976) (TV)_ (qv), and _Day of the Animals (1977)_ (qv).
- Was a close friend of singer 'Johnnie Ray' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb