Aug. 18th, 1969
New York City, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Skater McGee (Voiced)
Lt. Cmdr. Jack Reese
Himself - Host
Jet Fusion (Voiced)
Christian Michael Leonard Slater was born on August 18, 1969 in New York to Michael Hawkins (II), a well-known soap actor and Mary Jo Slater, a casting agent. Christian started in show business early, appearing on the soap opera "The Edge of Night" (1956) in 1976 at the age of 7. He went on to star in many Broadway shows in the early-1980s.
He rose to fame in Hollywood after landing the role of Binx Davey in The Legend of Billie Jean (1985). He moved to Los Angeles in 1987 to pursue a further acting career after dropping out of high school. After having a starring role in the cult hit Heathers (1988), he became somewhat known as the Hollywood bad-boy, having many run-ins with the law. He is also well-known for having dated stars such as Winona Ryder, Christina Applegate, Samantha Mathis and was at one time engaged to actress/model Nina Huang.
In 2000, he married Ryan Haddon, the daughter of 70s model Dayle Haddon. The couple have two children, Jaden Christopher (b. 1999) and Eliana Sophia (b. 2001). As of early 2005 they separated and later divorced, but remain dedicated to bring up their children.
- Is of English/Irish descent.
- Born and reared in New York.
- Half brother of actor 'Ryan Slater (I)' (qv).
- (15 August 2001) Daughter, Eliana Sophia, born.
- His favorite movies are _The Witches of Eastwick (1987)_ (qv) and _The Shining (1980)_ (qv), both starring his idol 'Jack Nicholson' (qv).
- Attended Dalton School and the Professional Children's School.
- As a teenager, he appeared in the musical "Merlin," one of the most expensive and most notorious flops in Broadway history. The show had been conceived as a vehicle for 'Doug Henning (I)' (qv)'s magic, with Henning playing the eponymous wizard. Slater played "Young Merlin" and "Arthur"; other stars included 'Chita Rivera' (qv) and 'Nathan Lane (I)' (qv) (in what was only his second Broadway role).
- (6 April 1999) Birth of his son, Jaden Christopher Haddon-Slater, with girlfriend Ryan Haddon.