Feb. 20th, 1963
Leeds, Alabama, USA
Charles Barkley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - The Year of the Yao
1998 - He Got Game
1996 - Space Jam
1995 - Forget Paris
1993 - Look Who's Talking Now
1991 - Hot Shots!
Guest TV Roles
Charles Barkley (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Himself - Broadcast Booth Guest
[no bio found]
- He was voted one of the NBA's fifty greatest players of all time.
- Only player on the original U.S. Olympic "Dream Team" of 1992 whose NBA team finished the previous season with a losing record and out of the playoffs.
- Played 16 seasons in the NBA with the Philadelphia 76ers (1984-85 to 1991-92), Phoenix Suns (1992-93 to 1995-96), and Houston Rockets (1996-97 to 1999-2000).
- Elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006. Announced that he would enter the Hall as a Philadelphia 76er.
- Inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Ma. on September 8, 2006. Other inductees included 'Dominique Wilkins' (qv) and 'Joe Dumars' (qv).
- Played three seasons at Auburn University before leaving early for the NBA draft.
- Wore number 34, his college number, for most of his career with Philadelphia and Phoenix, but switched to 32 in his last season (1991-92) with the 76ers as a tribute to Earvin "Magic" Johnson, who was forced to retire before that season due to being HIV positive.
- Attended Leeds High School in Leeds, Alabama, a small suburb just outside of Birmingham. One of their outdoor basketball courts carries the name "Charles Barkley Court" in his honor.