Aug. 14th, 1968
London, England, UK
Catherine Bell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Evan Almighty
2003 - Bruce Almighty
1994 - Men of War
Guest TV Roles
Catherine was born in London, but moved to California with her Iranian mother at age 2. Her mother still acts as her personal assistant. As a child, she acted in various TV adverts. She went to UCLA to study biology, but dropped out to become a model in Japan. She moved back into acting with a Mexican commercial for Amex and then followed that up by being Isabella Rossellini's nude body double in Death Becomes Her (1992), where she also met her future husband, Adam Beason, who was director Robert Zemeckis's assistant. The couple currently live near L.A. with their daughter Gemma.
- Often plays roles in military movies and TV shows: _"JAG" (1995)_ (qv), _Black Thunder (1998/II)_ (qv), _Crash Dive (1997) (V)_ (qv), _Men of War (1994)_ (qv), and _"Army Wives" (2007)_ (qv).
- Signed on for a supporting role in the second half of the first season of _"Threshold" (2005)_ (qv) and shot one episode before the show was canceled.
- Was a contestant on _"Match Game" (1990)_ (qv) and introduced herself as Cathy Bell, a massage therapist. She won $900, but didn't make it to the final Super Match round. Was also a contestant on _"To Tell the Truth" (1990)_ (qv) and introduced herself (an impostor) in the same manner. She and the other two stumped the entire panel for winnings of $3000.
- Sprained her ankle while playing golf [June 2, 2008].
- Has a heart tattoo with the word "love" inside of it on her right ankle.
- Is very physically fit and loves all sports, particularly kick-boxing, skiing, and snowboarding.
- She was selected #84 in year 2001, #38 in 2002, and #20 in the 2004 list of the FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women in the World.
- Named #75 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.